This is good stuff for those:
- Who wish to strengthen their backs.
- With lower back issues
- Who have pulled out their backs (ever).
- Who are Police Officers, Firefighters, and Paramedics.
1. Supermans/Back Bows: Lay face down on the floor. Arms & Legs are to go up at the same time—> try to not have arms & legs touch floor. Legs need to remain straight & together. NEUTRAL neck/head–>In LINE with your spine: not up or down! Contract lower back—> hold for 3-5 seconds each time.
**If you’re having difficulty lifting your legs—>contract glutes MORE.
***Variation: Arms out like an “airplane” (which is what we’ll call this 🙂 — Contract shoulder blades to “meet.”
****Go for 10.
2. Bird Dogs : Tighten all muscles while in Up. 10 on each side.
3. Face down like in Superman: And now SWIM, alternate leg/arm. Same as in Superman: Legs need to remain straight. NEUTRAL neck/head–>In LINE with your spine: not up or down! Contract lower back—> hold for 3-5 seconds each time.
**Get it right before going fast with this. Hold alternate leg/arm for a count of 3 seconds before doing your other alternate arm/leg.
10 on each side.
4. Extensions on Big Yoga Ball:
Middle of your tummy on the ball—> Hands behind your head—> Legs can be wide to help balance you—> Then bend down & all the way up contracting.
12-15 Reps. 3 Sets.
5. GOOD MORNINGS:
Get a barbell—> Just a bar for the injured—> Place the bar across your shoulder blades—-> Feet need to be hip-width apart with a little bit of a bend in your knees—> Lean forward, you’ll feel a stretch in your hamstrings—> keeping back flat —> move back up.
6. Commandoes: Try for 5. Work up to being able to do these for a full minute.
1 Rep = both arms going both up & down.
7. Cobra & Child Poses
8. Cat & Cow Poses
How often to do this program:
Once a week. Twice is better but start with once. 🙂
As usual, comment, ask questions or email for a more private response 🙂