You’re going to get hungry. You’re going to need to eat. Plan ahead. Pack.
Don’t do McDonald’s, BurgerKing or any of those others nasty places. STAY AWAY. 🙂
Meats, Eggs, Fish (preferably fatty), Beans & Lentils, Nuts & Peanut Butter, Seeds
Oatmeal, Quinoa, Sweet Potatoes & Yams, White potatoes are okay too, Rice.
Extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil
VEGGIES & FRUIT
Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage, tomatoes, avocado, oranges, lemons, & all berries.
WATER, Green tea, Coffee
So that’s the basics. But now for some actual lunch ideas:
- Baked potatoes. With salsa. Fresh cilantro or parsley on top?
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- Leftover meat from supper on good-quality bread for sandwiches.
- Hummus. (Yes) You can use any bean, doesn’t have to be just garbanzo. Dip veggies into the hummus that hopefully you’ve made ahead of time (Much cheaper this way and sooo much better for you. Hummus is VERY easy to make yourself.) (I have a bacon hummus recipe in The Bacon Board.)
- Pretzels. Better quality please–> when you must have salt & must have something kinda junky.
- Salads with leftover supper meat, nuts, garbanzo beans as well as tomatoes, cucumber slices, etc.
- Sweet Potatoes with REAL butter. Cut it, put the butter in, close up the sweet potato, foil it or whatever to keep it warmish. A BIT of brown sugar maybe.
- Trail mixes: Again, preferably if you make them yourself to cut out loads of sugar.
- Chocolate. (Good quality of course!)
- Peanut butter to dip celery sticks into.
- Tuna (or some ground meat—>try some cumin spice) wrapped in Romaine Lettuce. Or inside half a pepper. Chop some celery, cucumber, red onion & mix into the tuna? Good-quality mayo is okay!
- Baked garbanzo beans. Open a can. Rinse them in a strainer. Lie on a baking sheet….line with parchment paper for easier cleanup. Add whatever spices you’d like including dessert spices. Bake at 425F. 15 minutes usually does it. Shorter for softer, longer for crispier (how I like it). Keep checking to get to your desired consistency.
- Baked apples. All year round. Why not? REAL butter & a bit of brown sugar.
- Rice stir-frys. Onions, garlic. Any meat. Have some fresh sliced tomatoes ready. Toss those in with some olive oil & rice/coconut vinegar?