Exercise is my love and greatest passion in life so I don’t struggle to get to the gym (or wherever I’m choosing to workout, maybe barre at the kitchen counter) …..
It’s cold out there. It’s cold inside. It makes me sleepy. I want more than anything to curl up in a blanket & just watch something. That new Absentia show.
No, I’m not a binger of food but I can binge watch on a show.
So I get the heat up a bit in the gym…..and I go. Anyway.
If you’re having a LAZY DAY that you just CAN’T push through NO MATTER WHAT, what could you do??
- Watch what you put in your mouth. This is not the day to eat wrong things!!
- Do something. Ab work? On the couch? Under a blankie? B/c you never know….it might even move you to do more…. ALSO, no one regrets exercise. You feel productive. So try to do SOMETHING 🙂
- Re-do your workout music. On your iPod. No, I mean it. This will get you excited about future workouts. Perhaps sooner than you thought. Like that day on the couch.
- Have a plan. I plan out what I do for myself by the week. So a week ahead. I’m a very disciplined person and I don’t allow myself excuses so what’s written: that’s the law. I also keep workouts for myself on index cards & I mark the calendar with a corresponding letter on the card. You can do MORE but you can’t do less. Don’t leave a day to come out with “whatever.” No plan is a plan to fail.
- Don’t allow yourself too many excuses. Like you get 2 cheats maximum a month of exercise cheats where you lie on your couch instead of working out.
- Plan cheat days. For food. If you’re feeling sluggish, a cheat day could be calling you.
- People say don’t reward yourself with food because you’re not a dog. Screw them. Maybe it’s because I have anorexia but if I eat something awesome, I’m proud. Just choose something awesome. And work out to “earn it”. You need to figure out what works for YOU. This might not be a good option for you.
- After a warmup, get in some stretching. It’s cortisol-reducing and is helpful in reducing injury. Another way that you can say that you did something!